The „Rabenauer Mühle“ (Mill of
Rabenau) was first referenced in
documents dating back to 1235. It belonged to
the local castle and later on to the electoral estate.
In 1830 the „Rabenauer Mühle“ received its license to serve beer and alcoholic drinks. Unfortunately, the mill burned down in 1869, but was restored and rebuilt as an inn and a carpentry`s business, mainly specialised in the sanding of wood.
The Schumann`s bought the property in 1990 and transformed it into a beautiful and successful hotel.
In November 2012 the family-managed hotel was repeatedly honoured with three-stars-superior by the federal association for German hotels on a federal level.